The #fallgarmentMAL is a casual make-along for knitters and crocheters to work on their garment makes (wips allowed!).
This make-along occurs in three installments:
- August 15th – September 11th
- September 12th – October 9th
- October 10th – November 6th
- Must be knitting or crocheting on a garment (see definition below) during the month entered.
- WIP’s (works in progress) ARE ALLOWED!
- To enter on Ravelry, simply chat in the Prize Chatter thread for that month. Chat as much as you want! Share what you’re making, encourage others, etc. More chat = more chances to win!
- Prize Chatter threads will open on the first day of the installment month (Aug. 15th, Sept. 12th, and Oct. 10th around 10:00 AM or when Natalie opens her computer!) and close when the next month’s chatter thread opens up. Only ONE Prize Chatter thread will be open at a time.
What counts as a garment? For this makealong a garment is defined as any item made with intention of being worn as clothing to cover the upper or lower body, or all of it! Typically these items close or fasten in some manner and have openings for appendages. A shawl is not a garment but a cape is! If you’re wondering… is it a garment? Just ask!
We have several events sprinkled in throughout the make-along!
:00 PM ET Sunday, August 15th | Month 1 Kickoff Party (YouTube) 2:00 PM ET Sunday, September 12th | Month 2 Kickoff Party (IG)
2:00 PM ET Sunday, October 10th | Month 3 Kickoff Party (YouTube)
2:00 PM ET Sunday, November 7th | End of MAL Celebration (Zoom)
- Anne Beady Designs
- Bella Fio
- Blue Lavender Crafts
- Gypsy Soul Fibers
- Kimber’s Cozy Creations
- White Rose Fiber Company
Ravelry Prizes– chat here!
Prize 2: Three 100-gram skeins of hand-dyed yarn in winner’s choice of color/base from Kimber’s Cozy Creations (US & Canada)
Instagram Prizes– use #fallgarmentmal to post in your feed. Must be public!
Use code “FALLGARMENTMAL” to receive the following discounts from our sponsors!
- Anne Beady Designs – 10% off all project bags and patterns here
- Blue Lavender Crafts – 10% off all items
- Gypsy Soul Fibers – 10% off in stock yarn (excludes custom, preorders, mystery club)
- Lilly Rey Crochet Co – 10% of all items
- thelittlewolfknits – free domestic shipping
- Kimber’s Cozy Creations – 10% off fall colorways
- Stitchery & Co. by Allison Clark – 15% off all items
- White Rose Fiber Company – 10% off total purchase
Love in Stitches Fade Set from Moonglow Yarn Co
Pattern suggestions for first sweaters:
Are WIP’s (works in progress) allowed?
- Yes! As long as it’s a garment, a project in any stage counts!
What counts as a garment?
- A garment is an item of clothing for the upper or lower body: sweater, cardigan, t-shirt, skirt, shorts, dress, cape, poncho, etc. It is NOT an appendage covering or accessory: hat, scarf, shawl, socks, gloves, etc.
Do I have to follow a specific pattern?
- Any pattern is allowed. Just follow your heart and check out the chatter threads for inspiration!
Do baby/toddler garments count?
- Yes! Any size works as long as it’s a garment intended for wearing. So not a sweater ornament, etc. I would say that means sweaters for animals count too!